Friday, October 17, 2008

THE MAN...

One of the disadvantages of only having one car here in New Jersey is that on the days when I need a car I have to get up and take Greg to church. Now I really can't complain because he doesn't have to be there until about 9 and I don't really have to get ready I can just hop in the car and drop him off. I really do enjoy taking him to work because then I get to see him for an extra 20 minutes of the day! :) We usually follow the same routine. I drive and he eats the breakfast that I hastily made so that he won't starve before lunch. We drive down the same street at the same time every day. So of course since we have a routine there are obviously others who have their own routine every day as well. The man that this posting is referring to is one such person. Every morning at about 9 o'clock there is a little old man walking his dog. Now to some this might seem quite ordinary. But if you take the time to really look at the man you can't help but smile. Every morning this little old man walks his extremely petite white yippy dog with a cane in one hand and a leash in the other. They make quite a pair because the dog just wags its tail and seems to be thoroughly enjoying the walk. While it appears that the only thing that keeps that little old man going is the cigar that sits in his mouth burning away. Every time Greg and I drive past this old man and his dog we look at each other and smile. I honestly don't know why but just the sight of the little old man, cigar in mouth, cane in one hand and little dog in the other makes my day!

No comments: