The story of our family, two kids and a dog, miles from the ones we love but loving life and making it work one day at a time.
Friday, October 17, 2008
38 weeks
I really can't believe that I only have 2 weeks left to go. 2 weeks and baby Prauner will be here. Yesterday was a very exciting day for us. We went to the doctor for my 38 week checkup. Everything is good, the doctor said that she didn't think I would make it to my due date. 2 cm and 50% effaced! Exciting, exciting, exciting... After the doctor's appointment Greg wanted to go and get some necessities for him at the hospital. So off to Costco we went. We got lots of stuff for dad to munch on and caffeine for him to drink while mom is in labor and can only eat ice chips. Doesn't sound fair to me but I think I can handle it. Greg has been incredibly cute the last couple of days. Since I have been having contractions off and on for the last week or so he jumps at the drop of a hat. Yesterday I was getting the excess water out of my hair after taking a shower and the water splash all over the shower floor. I have never seen him jump up so quickly. At first I didn't understand why but then I realized that I scared the crap out of him because he thought my water had broke. I had to laugh just a little bit. I'm so lucky that is all I have to say. Yesterday afternoon we interviewed a pediatrician. Yeah I know it sounds little weird to me too but we did it and are so excited about the doctor that we found. All of the doctors in the practice seem really nice and our pediatrician went to school in Chicago. Sounds kinda lame but I'm glad to have someone with a little knowledge of the midwest working with us. Just a little piece of mind and comfort. We had an awesome day which finished with the amazing comeback by the Red Sox to stay in the playoffs. (I felt kinda bad because we could have gotten tickets but we didn't because we weren't sure if I would go into labor. It sure would have been a wonderful game for us to go too.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Woo hoo! You never know what these last weeks will bring.. You could go any minute or sail on right past your due date! Either way you will do wonderful and have an amazing experience! I am so excited for ya!
Post a Comment