Thursday, October 9, 2008

2 down only 8 to go!!

So we went to the doctor today and had an ultrasound of baby Prauner's kidneys. It was an amazing day. At the ultrasound we got an estimate of baby's weight. Right now they say that he or she is 7 lbs. 1 oz. That sounds good to mom right now because the idea of having a 9 lb baby isn't very enticing. Also, at first the sonographer looked at the kidneys and said that they looked about the same but that was normal and we should probably have someone look at them after baby was born. But...about 5 minutes later she looked at them again and baby had cleared the kidneys into the bladder! That was an answered prayer because we were able to see the "normal" kidneys.
After our ultrasound we went to the doctor's office. The first surprise was when I got on the scale and the nurse didn't have to move the scale to the 200 lb marker!!! YAY!! However, it was odd because I lost 4 lbs. Crazy I know but apparently it is normal to start losing weight at the end of the pregnancy. I guess the body's way of saying lets get this show on the road. And on the road it is moving. The doctor checked me today and said that I was a good 2 cm dilated. This doesn't mean a whole lot but it does mean that I only have 8 more cms to go when I am in labor. :) So only time will tell, some of the ladies at church think I will go sooner than I think. Who knows?? Greg and I are just really looking forward to getting to hold baby Prauner in our arms instead of feeling him or her kick from the inside.

No comments: