The story of our family, two kids and a dog, miles from the ones we love but loving life and making it work one day at a time.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
Gardening
Today we started and completed our very first garden as a family. What an experience it was to not only plow up our yard but to till and plant our little plants. The whole day was such an adventure not only for Theodore but also for us adults. Since the kids decided to wake up super early this morning we decided to get an early start. Breakfast at the pancake house in Ridgewood followed by the hour drive the nursery to get our plants rounded out our morning.
I have to say that it is amazing to see how much little kids want to help. While at the nursery Theodore wanted to help me with everything. So his job was take the plants that I picked out to Greg who had the flats with him. After about an hour of searching we had all of our plants. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that all of our plants were less than $30.
Once home and naps had been taken we started the process of tilling up our sod, mixing in our vegetable soil and manure and planting. After 3 hours of tilling and picking up the numerous rocks we were able to put the plants in the ground. What a rewarding day. Theodore enjoyed himself but not as much as I did. I can't wait to see what grows and to serve my first meal with vegetables from our garden. Let's see if I have a green thumb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment