Friday, June 3, 2011

Gardening continued...

Our gardening adventure continues with 6 more tomato plants and a sunflower. We were given 6 more tomato plants by another church worker in the district. Some of them are looking a little sad so I hope to give them a little life. Now we have 12 tomato plants and lots of other yummy vegetables. One of our broccoli plants already has what Theodore would call a baby broccoli growing. Each of our zucchini plants have about 15 buds on them and our hot peppers are starting to have flowers. On a sad note, Boston ran through the garden and snapped a tomato plant. I am trying to see if it will grow but the prognosis is grim. I never knew how therapeutic a garden could be. I can't wait for the tomatoes and other vegetables to come in. This summer should be a summer full of grilled veggies and making of tomato sauce!

No comments: